Saturday, December 15, 2007

Road to Event 26, Day 3 (sort of)

OK. Technically, it is still Day 2. But tomorrow is a big day for me from a fantasy football perspective. Win, and I play for my league's title next week. Lose, and I do not make the money. So I will be a little distracted tomorrow, and I thought why not go ahead and do my Day 3 session tonight while I had some time. Good move on my part.

I had planned on playing some $1/$2 or $2/$4 Razz cash. Amazingly, there was not one single $2/$4 game going, and there was not an open $1/$2 game. I start looking around - no H.O.R.S.E. games going. No Omaha 8/b games going I wanted to play. So I go back to the Razz tables. Then I see there was someone waiting in a $3/$6 heads-up table. I never heard of the kid, so unless I know you are good, I have no problem sitting heads-up against you in Razz. In fact, even if you are good I am not scared, but I am a little more careful with my game selection right now trying to make my goal. So I figured "what the hell" and sat down.

Wow. What a good choice. This kid basically gave me his money. He played scared, which is what I wanted. Anytime I hit low cards, he assumed I was good. Anytime he hit any bad card he went to check-fold mode. It was so easy. Five minutes and 23 hands later I was up $39.50. If I was not on my self-imposed journey, I would have loved to have kept playing. But once I hit my goal, I stop. It is just how I am going to roll with this one. If you can remember, I lost $150 a few days ago after I was up $50. So I am more than happy to play this way. I normally would not play $3/$6 to try and win $32. Risk/reward is probably not really there, but heads-up Razz is a whole other conversation. So anyway, probably won't here much out of me tomorrow. Go Brady-to-Welker (no passes to Moss or Watson). And may Tony Romo throw 6 picks. Peace out.

Daily Profit: +$39.50
Daily WSOP Profit: +$19.00
Daily Personal Profit: +$11.50
Daily Token Sat Profit: +$9.00
WSOP Goal at this point: $34.50
WSOP Money earned to this point: $52.90
Relative to Goal at this point: +$18.40

Steak

No comments: